Baking has always been a special joy for the men and women who cannot get out of the kitchen. But what happens when someone is watching their carbs? Low-carb food is essential for a healthy and well-balanced diet, but there are not many bakery items that fall into that category, at least not any obvious ones. Here is the trick, skip the obvious. In realty, there are several delicious bakery items that can be made at home that are low-carb. Here are a few to get started.
Almond-Flavored Butter Bread
• 1 cup of almond butter
• 4 eggs
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
• 1 pinch of salt
• Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
• Line a bread loaf pan with wax paper.
• Whisk the almond butter and eggs together using a fork until they are completely blended.
• Whisk in the pinch of salt and the baking soda until blended.
• Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
• Bake for about 30 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
The sweetness of the almond butter makes this recipe to die for without making the body want to die right along with it. (more…)